My Fitness Challenge : How to plan

Working out has always been extremely important for me.  Growing up, I have always been involved in a sport or two.  I've swam competitively for around 12 years.  This past year, I was forced to stop competing with my university swim team due to an old injury and an overload of school work.

I have been steadily recovering from this injury, and I have decided that I need to get back into shape.  With that said, finals are in 3 weeks and school is getting extremely busy, so I need to make sure that I am organized and motivated to work.


How I Will Succeed

1)  Make a Fitness Plan

I'm going to be busy. I need to schedule; when I will work out, for how long and which exercises that I will do for each day.

Using microsoft office, I am going to make a  a monthly schedule.  These calendars will include both my school and workout times.





When scheduling your week.  It is important to exercise multiple times a week but not everyday.  Your body requires rest so make sure that you allow your body a couple days a week to relax.  This will allow your muscles to rebuild and become larger as they do so. 

 This is also an important time to eat FAT and PROTEIN.  You need FAT, if your goal is to gain MUSCLE you need FAT.  The key is to get your fat from meat or healthy food such as nuts.  Avoid fast food and junk food because it is full of saturated fat which is the bad kind that does NOT help with losing weight or gaining muscle.

Then I made my own workout sheets with all the different workouts that I would like to do.  It is VERY important to have variety in your workouts.  This will help you focus on different muscle groups and avoid having a plateau (not improving or exercise not making an impact). 

Well I'm starting this schedule tomorrow.  Wish me luck! :D